Our classes of membership mirror those of BASC, with whom we are affiliated. The following is a summary of BASC group membership rates, which we use to calculate your membership fee (see further down):
- £27 for all persons aged under 21
- £67 for all persons aged over 21
- £67 for Gamekeeper members
- New members pay a joining fee of £25; this is a one-off payment provided that membership is maintained
- All members must join BASC via DWA (this rule is to ensure that DWA members are insured with BASC throughout their membership, although exceptions can be made for Gamekeeper and Life members of BASC)
- Youth membership is for members who are under the age of 21 years on September 1st
- Gamekeeper membership is for members who are employed as full-time gamekeepers
- All fees are per annum and payable on September 1st unless otherwise stated
- DWA membership run from September 1st
- BASC membership runs from April 1st of the year following
- Due to this misalignment of subscription periods, proportional fees for the current year will be payable by new members paying their first subscription.
- The land fund contribution enables DWA to invest in land for the benefit of our members (we already own an island in Poole Harbour and land in mid-Dorset).
If you would rather apply by email please do so